Should I use a normal table or slice?

Pointer
Participant V

I have tables with similar column properties and no similar properties. My question is; Is it more logical to combine these tables in a table and separate them using slices, or is it better to use them as separate tables? If I use it separately, the number of tables will increase and this will affect the speed of the application? There will be empty columns in the use of slice. Is this a disadvantage?

Solved Solved
0 6 195
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Having a single table with two disjoint data sets just doesnโ€™t make sense to me. It adds complexity and wastes space. But thatโ€™s my preference; it may not be yours.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Pointer

I think I will choose to manage it in one Table.
This is not only because of the loading speed of the app, but also because in the long run, having similar data in different tables will have a negative impact on analysis and maintenance.

I often set up a column called โ€œRecord Typeโ€ to define the Slice, View, and Action that the record requires.

However, this choice is an outline, and I choose accordingly depending on the case.

Hi @Takuya_Miyai, Thank you for your answer, I cannot decide too, because combining tables is difficult and blank cells will appear in each record, this topic makes me think.

Steve
Participant V

Separate tables.

Pointer
Participant V

Hi @Steve
I combined it in the same table. Do you suggest separating again now? Can you explain why it should be separate, Iโ€™m just at the beginning of the road.

Having a single table with two disjoint data sets just doesnโ€™t make sense to me. It adds complexity and wastes space. But thatโ€™s my preference; it may not be yours.

Thank you, yesterday I combine the tables, parted again today, I hope I donโ€™t regret it.

Top Labels in this Space