Show a "detail view" for each item in a reference list within the same view

Hi,

I am making a check list app where each customer has many sites, each site has many areas, each area has many pieces of equipment and each piece of equipment has a single basic equipment type. Each basic equipment type can have many stock check list items. And each stock checklist item can have as many possible selection options as you want when setting up the stock checklist item. In addition, I have set up the app such that a โ€œnotesโ€ field is hidden until one specific option is selected.

Everything is accomplished by way of parent-child tables with the exception of the stock check list items. The possible selection options are entered as an enum list.

This allows me to set up the detail view for each โ€œrelated checklist itemโ€ to allow quick edit for the selection and it allows me to show the possible selections as buttons and not a drop down. Which I think is pretty slick.

I find that the parent-child-grandchild-great grandchildโ€ฆ nth grandchild navigation is very cumbersome though.

I am currently looking for some way to come up with a view that could be comprised of some scrolling list of โ€œdetail viewsโ€ for only the items related to the current row of the parent recordโ€ฆ

I am aware of the side show mode but that just doesnโ€™t quite work for my application. I would really like to see all related records on the same page which can be scrolled vertically.

Please keep in mind that I have designed this app to be very robust and that creating a separate checklist table is not within the realm of possibilitiesโ€ฆ

0 3 610
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have you looked at the interactive mode of the dashboard view?

https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=interactive%20dashboard

Thanks Steve.

What I am actually looking for is the ability to come up with a view that could be comprised of some scrolling list of โ€œdetail viewsโ€ for only the items related to the current row of the parent recordโ€ฆ The details views is the key.

Clicking in to an area I get this for โ€˜Area Detailsโ€™ View:

When I click on one of the entries in โ€˜Related Checklist Entriesโ€™ I get this โ€˜Checklist Entries Detailโ€™ View, Call this item A:
3X_3_c_3c1bb9c0bfa1fa9e74345eff371ed9e16ba81ea7.png

What I would like to achieve is: Instead of seeing a list of โ€˜Related Checklist Entriesโ€™ in the โ€˜Areas Detailsโ€™ View I would like to see a scrolling list of the โ€˜Checklist Entries Detailโ€™ Views (item A). This scrolling list will only show items from โ€˜Related Checklist Entriesโ€™

Currently what I get from interactive dashboard is a single block showing a single โ€˜Related Checklist Entryโ€™ that can be manually scrolled by clicking the arrow.

3X_9_2_92af9624e0b7bde79528a6dd04e23ba56e14eb7a.png

instead of just displaying a single block that can be manually scrolled by clicking an arrow I want to see all items stacked within the same view.

AppSheet doesnโ€™t offer a scrolling detail view like you want. The closest AppSheet has is the card view:

Not to be confused with the card layout of a detail view:

Top Labels in this Space