Show Hide (Toggle) Icon Overlay

This thread is refering to my own previous post of ; -

I generated sharable sample app right here.

Using simple technique to toggle show hide action icon based on virtual column value. The challenge is to make this toggle action adhere to the loging user only. If the change in value on certain field is shared across the app users, the action to toggel show/hide is also "shared " across the users, which is a problem.
To solve and make this action assigned to each login user, tricks are kicked in.

On this sample, once the user โ€œshowโ€ the action icons, and then change the value on the row, it will automatically toggle the action to hide the list of icon. This is another trick in place.

Sample

8 8 2,346
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

This toggle โ€œoperationโ€ is actually adding/deleting rows with useremail value as child table, but actuall we dont need to interact with backend data base, and could stay as operation on Client (browser) only, like Matt previously highlighted in this FeatureRequest of

Those change in table to add / delete are only happens to client side, not being pushed to backend, which will eliminate the unnecesary sync ops which makes App runs faster.

Hey everyone,
has this feature been taken into the new feature requests? If yes, does anyone know the current status about it?
Cheers
jo

Hi @tsuji_koichi I really like this Tip. The embedded App is broken. It doesnโ€™t show up.

Here I made a Gif from the sample App.

HI @Fabian
Thank you for your comment.
This is just toggling show and hide the inline actions by an action, but it works as alternative option to show the listed actions instantly. Another Appsheet vers of UX.

How do you set it up?

Hi @tsuji_koichi could you please restore the sample App?

Thanks for calling @Koichi_Tsuji's great tip to my attention. I'm not surprised at all that he posted it years before me (nor that my attempts to search the community for something like this didn't surface it before I went ahead and posted mine).

Top Labels in this Space