Show_If expressions

Column ‘Category’ is of type ‘enum’. Values for this column are “apartment”, “house”, “shop”, “office”, “residential” and “commercial”.

“Street No.” should be visible if ‘category’ is “apartment”, “house”, “shop”, “office”, “residential plot (Balloted)” or “commercial plot (Balloted)”.

Column ‘Plot Allocation’ of enum type should only be visible if ‘category’ is ‘residential plot’ or ‘commercial plot’. Plot allocation has values “Balloted” and “Un-balloted”.
If “Un-Balloted” is selected column “street no” should not be visible.

The problem arises when a user selects “residential” or “commercial” and further selects “un-balloted” but then changes mind and selects “apartment”, “house”, “shop” or “office”. In this case “street no” is no more visible even now the category is “apartment”, “house”, “shop”, “office”.

0 8 235
8 REPLIES 8

Try with turning on RESET ON EDIT for each column and see if this behaves differently.

I used ‘reset on edit’ condition for the column ‘plot allocation’ to reset it to a blank value using “” as it’s initial value. The condition for ‘reset on edit’ was:
OR
(
([Category] = “Shop”), ([Category] = “Apartment”),([Category] = “House”),([Category] = “Office”)
)

Just turn on RESET ON EDIT, don’t use any expression.

Tried what you just said but the problem persists, as expected.
Actually I am talking about the scenario where the user changes the value of “category” before pressing the “save” button of the form.
As far as I know ‘Reset on edit’ works when a row is edited.

You’re right. I though you are editing an existing record, not creating a new row.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Plot Allocation

Valid if

IN(
  [category],
  LIST(
    "residential plot",
    "commercial plot"
  )
)

Editable?

OR(
  IN(
    [category],
    LIST(
      "residential plot",
      "commercial plot"
    )
  ),
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])
)

Required?

IN(
  [category],
  LIST(
    "residential plot",
    "commercial plot"
  )
)

Street No.

Valid if

NOT(
  AND(
    IN(
      [category],
      LIST(
        "residential plot",
        "commercial plot"
      )
    ),
    ("Un-Balloted" = [Plot Allocation])
  )
)

Editable?

OR(
  IN(
    [category],
    LIST(
      "apartment",
      "house",
      "shop",
      "office"
    )
  ),
  AND(
    IN(
      [category],
      LIST(
        "residential plot",
        "commercial plot"
      )
    ),
    ("Balloted" = [Plot Allocation])
  ),
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])
)

Moreover, when I initially select ‘category’ other than ‘Residential(Un-Balloted)’ or 'Commercial(Un-Balloted), I am unable to edit ‘Street No.’ if I try to change the category to other than ‘Residential(Un-Balloted)’ or ‘Commercial(Un-Balloted)’ as shown below:

3X_7_a_7a3635fa6b64ae3b527fae0eb947cfce2559dfe7.gif
Unable to upload a ‘gif’ !

Basically, an ‘un-balloted plot’ cannot have a 'street no. ’ and ‘plot no.’

@Steve

But when I use the above expression I get the following:

3X_5_9_5919aff7ba9daa314cb4e65fb11fd03ba333e0f8.png

Whereas, the following should be shown:

3X_f_9_f917ec4a95301ed728d6b6b47cfd336ca5c88066.png

@Steve

Top Labels in this Space