Show_If only hides values in Inline Views?

rheric

I’ve noticed some odd behavior with inline views and using Show_If for specific columns, and I’m wondering if this is something I’m doing wrong, or if it’s a bug.

I have inline views for a table that shows information about meeting attendees:

MemberAttendance

• Date
  • MeetingID (Ref to Meeting table)
  • MemberID (Ref to Member table)
  • other columns… (not shown or not shown in the inline view)

I have a single inline view - MemberAttendance_Inline - that is set up to display just those three columns. What I was trying to configure was the inline view to display the Date, and then only one of the two columns depending on the CONTEXT(). On the Member Detail view, I wanted the inline view to display the Date and the Meeting. On the Meeting Detail, I wanted the Date and the Member.

I set the Show_If values as follows:

1. MeetingID = NOT(IN(CONTEXT(“View”), LIST(“Meeting_Detail”)))
  2. MemberID = NOT(IN(CONTEXT(“View”), LIST(“Member_Detail”)))

Here’s what I see in the Meeting Detail view:
3X_e_e_ee3bc6d58019d31f196782b0578ec79ac90bcdc6.png

Which shows the correct information, but the Meeting column is displayed. It’s more obvious in the Member Detail view:

3X_0_a_0a70cfd7dd18628b5ddd6ede53ab6d184079fc71.png

I have a feeling I’m doing something wrong, or that it’s not possible to do what I’m hoping using a single inline view. Do I need to create Slices for this?

0 6 411
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A column’s Show_If affects the display of each row’s column value individually, not the entire column as a whole. You’ll need to use slices.

Ah!

So when I used similar expressions to hide fields in a Detail view, the reason the entire field disappeared is because that column value was hidden for that record! I see!

To use a slice for this, I’m having a little trouble figuring out how. I need MemberID and MeetingID in both slices, don’t I? So that I can use REF_ROWS in a virtual column?

Thanks!

1. Create a slice on the Meeting table with no row filter expression.

2. In the MemberAttendance table, for the MeetingID column, change the Source table property to the new slice in (1).

3. After you save the changes, the app editor should automatically create an inline table view (in UX >> Views) for the new slice. Use it to configure the inline table view for the MeetingID column of the MemberAttendance table.

Repeat the above for Member table and the MemberID table.

rheric

This makes sense, but it didn’t work for me. I created the Slice (‘Meeting List’) for Meeting and changed the definition of MemberAttendance[MeetingID] to use the slice as its source, but the Inline view was not created.

I tried creating one manually using ‘Meeting List_Inline’ as the Ref view name, but the Member detail still shows the MemberAttendance_Inline view (which WAS system generated) where I added in the VC [Related MemberAttendances].

Do I need to delete the system generated Inline view?

Thanks!

Please post a screenshot of the MeetingID column configuration screen showing at least the Type Details section.

rheric

Top Labels in this Space