Show_if - This formula is not evaluated in the context of a row, so column values are not available

Lars

Hi.

i’m trying to make a Show_if so it only will show rows, if a specific column is not equal to Ja (yes)
But i get this error? (The picture shows ISNOTBLANK, but i should be ISBLANK)

The column show is not from the table, i sat for the view but from another table.

Is this a bug or am i missing something?

0 5 2,098
5 REPLIES 5

Is that column in the same table as this ISNOTBLANK formula?

Yes it is

Med venlig hilsen

Lars

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Show if expression of a view

3X_b_0_b04439dac806f2e71799d922aadc0cfc9842c939.png

…is not connected to any particular row. As a result, you cannot use a column reference as you’re trying to do, because there’s no way to know which row’s column you’re referring to.

The Show if setting for a view only affects the view’s inclusion in the main menu or along the navigation row at the bottom of the app screen. It does not hide the row in a list of rows (such as in a card, deck, gallery, or table view).

See also:

@Steve Can you be more specific on how to accomplish what it is that the requester is asking if "show if" for the entire view is not the way to exclude records from the view?

@Steve linked to a couple of relevant help articles and it would depend on exactly what the requirements are, but basing the view on a slice with appropriate filter conditions would be a good option Slice Row Filter Conditions | AppSheet Help Center. Security filters could also be used. If you had an action you could also LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() | AppSheet Help Center

Top Labels in this Space