Show image instead of text value - Enumlist with base type image

Setting #1 with emum — Field type is set to Enum, based type as Image. Validif expression holds the expression to pulll the list of image from a table where image type fields lies.

Setting #2 with Enumlist — Field type is set to Enumlist, base type as image. Valid expression holds the expression to pull the list of image from a table where image type fields lies/

Setting #1 Result
On selection, dropdown or button render images are as expected, and save the form. Yes, it is display the image.

Setting #2 Result
On Selection, dropdown or button render images are as expected, and save the form. NO. It displays the file path instead of list of images.

I wish to render the images even on setting #2 with Enumlist
Currently the relected enumlist image files could be rendered as image by adding virtual column with list type refering Enumlist value, which makes the inline view which is not ideal in this case. I just want to simply render list of images with in ONE field value.

This seems more a bug than a feature request; I’ve used enumlist images before - and in fact if it’s not showing the image then things are broken right now and no one has told me about it.

2 Likes

@tsuji_koichi

You sure about this? I just checked some of the apps where I had implemented something like this, and they were all functioning correctly.

I even tested this out and created a new table and enumlist column, setting the base type to Image, and adding in 3 URLs to images.

• In the form it rendered as a dropdown showing the images

Then I switched those values into a Valid If formula and tried again;

• same result, the images were shown in the dropdown.
1 Like

I’m not talking about Dropdown, but detail view.

1 Like