Show me virtual columns no longer showing on table views

I used to have show me text displayed on table views (see image) -but now it no longer appears outside of detail view or forms. This was very useful. Is there a way to bring it back?

0 8 942
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Tammi, can you confirm that you are referring to the field type called โ€œShowโ€ which is for help text alongside your other fields? (before I spend time testing, thanks!)

Yes, virtual column, type = show, category = text

This worked without issue for a long time. The text still shows up in detail view and on the form, but not in the table view.

The show column type isnโ€™t meant for table views, I believe. You should switch to a different column type.

Show-type columns are empty columns in your spreadsheet that serve the sole purpose of improving the presentation of data capture forms.

All I know is it did work for monthsโ€ฆ

I also recall Show fields working in table views.

It was so helpful!

Interesting, Iโ€™ve never seen that work in a table view so I canโ€™t speak to your historical viewpoint.

I was able to get a certain amount of useful mileage out of creating and using a virtual field that serves the same basic purpose, hereโ€™s an example:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Sample-App?appGuidString=d4130382-e154-4b32-80d9-08bf1c842344

Because you can order your fields on both table and detail views, you can place this virtual column as you see fit. It will always show in โ€œdata column orderโ€ in the form view, however.

Hope this helps!

Can anyone confirm if this is just a bug? I pulled the app up on my phone and the show col is working there, but not the browser.

Top Labels in this Space