Show Primary View only with certain Menu Views

Hi,

I have 4 primary views, lets say A, B, C and D. And 2 Menu views (X and Y).
But I want my primary view A, ONLY to show when I am inside de X Menu View.
Iโ€™ve been trying this for hours, could somebody please help?

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 16 1,017
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OR( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œXโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œAโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œBโ€ , CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œCโ€)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

If I have understood your requirement correctly, in the Show_if setting of the view A, you could have an expression something like

OR( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œXโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œAโ€)

That works great! Thank you so much!!
Now that I have tested it, when I click another primary view that is inside the X Menu View, the A view disappears. How can I avoid that?
So I want the A view to still appear even when I click on another primary view that is Inside the X menu view. I hope Iโ€™m being clear enough. Thank you

Could you elaborate this statement. In general, please include whatever views you wish the A view to be available , need to be included in the context expression.

So your expression could be something like

OR( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œXโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œAโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œBโ€ )

So, I would like the A view to be shown when I am inside the X Menu View and also when I am inside the primary views B and C.

OR( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œXโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œAโ€,CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œBโ€ , CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œCโ€)

I think Iโ€™m inputting it wrong, it didnโ€™t work.

Could you update in what way it did not work? Also could you share the expression, if feasible? At times , syntax is important. Please observe double quotes , exact view names etc. in the expression. Also you may have to try around with AND(), OR() as necessary. Basic idea is to use CONTEXT() function.

I copied and pasted the formula and just changed the names, I also tried with AND.
When I input the formula, the green check mark appears so it is correct, but once I go back to the app, there is no difference, even when Iโ€™ve saved it.
Iโ€™ll try to explain differently, maybe the problem is Iโ€™m not being clear.

I have four Primary Views: A, B, C and D.
Then I have two Menu Views: X and Y.

View A and B are inside Menu View X.
View C and D are Inside Menu View Y.

With the first formula, A appears when I click on X View. But once I click the B View, it disappears, which I donโ€™t want to happen.
I want A to still be visible when I click on B.

Could you update what formula you are referring to when you mention the first formula?

Yes, with first formula I mean:

OR( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œXโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œAโ€)

Did you try

Yes, I tried it about 40 minutes ago, I just tried it again a minute ago and it worked.
I donโ€™t know if I was doing something wrong before or if it was some other failure, but it is working now.
Thank you very much!! Really appreciate it!

Do you have an email address were I can contact you if I need training on specific questions?

If you are looking for voluntary help, I would request you to continue with AppSheet community. You will get great insights/help from the entire AppSheet community.

If you are looking for some professional , paid assistance in developing app or training etc, you could get in touch with AppSheet Partners at https://www.appsheet.com/Partners

Disclosure: I am also an Appsheet partner. However, you may wish to evaluate based on your preferred region, language, partner specialization, and such other criteria from partners page.

My suggestion will be to start a new post for a new question. That will get the attention of the entire community to a new question and chances of best possible answer.

Great,

Thank you very much!!

Could I bother you with another question, how do I display the name of a column? I click on the view and it goes directly to the rows, but I want to show the column names.

Top Labels in this Space