Show rows based on a range of dates

If I have a number of rows in my spreadsheet which all has a column that contains the date and time for when they were added, is it possible to somehow create a view in which a user can type in a range of dates for instance 1/1/19 - 31/12/19, where the view then shows the rows that were added in this period of time?
I did try to navigate into the view that shows ALL rows, but the search function didnโ€™t seem to work on dates, and even if it did, I doubt it would work with intervals.

Best regards

Solved Solved
0 1 1,185
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Viktor,

it sounds that you are looking at filtering the rows based on user inputs. If so, you may wish to take a look at the following two options

1)If the user selection ( of dates or any selection parameters) is persistent for a longer duration , then you may wish to take a look at the usersettings

1. If the user settings are going to be more frequent , you may wish to take a look at the following app. In multi user environment , you may wish to reserve one row in a small settings parameters table( the table name is Filter in the sample app below) to retain each userโ€™s date filter or other parameters selection
    https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Viktor,

it sounds that you are looking at filtering the rows based on user inputs. If so, you may wish to take a look at the following two options

1)If the user selection ( of dates or any selection parameters) is persistent for a longer duration , then you may wish to take a look at the usersettings

1. If the user settings are going to be more frequent , you may wish to take a look at the following app. In multi user environment , you may wish to reserve one row in a small settings parameters table( the table name is Filter in the sample app below) to retain each userโ€™s date filter or other parameters selection
    https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...
Top Labels in this Space