Show UNIQUE values of a REF table

Hi!

We have a “Project” table that has REF to “Calculations” table, that “Calculations” table REF to “Items”

The data inside Calculations of course can contain more than once the same “Items”

Basically we wan’t a view (Interactive Dashboard) that will output the Calculations Items based on a project but just show UNIQUE values.

Ho can I do this?

Thank you so much for your help!

The SELECT() function has a 3rd optional parameter to omit duplicates. Write a SELECT() expression to return your desired list of Items and then set the third parameter to “true”.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this quick reply.

I’ll give a try!

Thanks again for helping me, Unfortunately, I can’t find a way to make an “Yes/No expression” inside the SELECT() function because those rows will be filtered in a dashboard “Interactive mode”.

Do you have any ideas on how to do that?

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Let’s back up a bit. I assume your intention is to select a “Project” in one view and then through an interactive dashboard display in a second view a distinct list of “Items” from your “Items” table that belong to that project. Do I have that correct?

To do this, two things need to happen:

1). You need to have the Project Key column represented on your “Items” table so the proper filtering can take place. I believe you can add this as a Virtual Column.

2). You will need to provide a list of “Items” to the “Items” view that are already reduced to distinct items by Project. Probably the easiest way to do this is to create a Slice to reduce the rows…although a solution is not coming to mind right away. I’m sure there’s a way to do it.

2 Likes

Slice condition can be something like:

[_THISROW] = INDEX( FILTER( thisTable , [column] = [_THISROW].[column] ) , 1 )

Use ORDERBY as well if needed.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!

I’ll give a try!!

This saved me thank you!