Show UNIQUE values of a REF table

Jonathan1
Participant IV

Hi!

We have a “Project” table that has REF to “Calculations” table, that “Calculations” table REF to “Items”

The data inside Calculations of course can contain more than once the same “Items”

Basically we wan’t a view (Interactive Dashboard) that will output the Calculations Items based on a project but just show UNIQUE values.

Ho can I do this?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 9 2,151
9 REPLIES 9

The SELECT() function has a 3rd optional parameter to omit duplicates. Write a SELECT() expression to return your desired list of Items and then set the third parameter to “true”.

Thank you so much for this quick reply.

I’ll give a try!

Thanks again for helping me, Unfortunately, I can’t find a way to make an “Yes/No expression” inside the SELECT() function because those rows will be filtered in a dashboard “Interactive mode”.

Do you have any ideas on how to do that?

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Let’s back up a bit. I assume your intention is to select a “Project” in one view and then through an interactive dashboard display in a second view a distinct list of “Items” from your “Items” table that belong to that project. Do I have that correct?

To do this, two things need to happen:

1). You need to have the Project Key column represented on your “Items” table so the proper filtering can take place. I believe you can add this as a Virtual Column.

2). You will need to provide a list of “Items” to the “Items” view that are already reduced to distinct items by Project. Probably the easiest way to do this is to create a Slice to reduce the rows…although a solution is not coming to mind right away. I’m sure there’s a way to do it.

Slice condition can be something like:

[_THISROW] = INDEX( FILTER( thisTable , [column] = [_THISROW].[column] ) , 1 )

Use ORDERBY as well if needed.

This saved me thank you!

Jonathan1
Participant IV

Thank you so much for your help!

I’ll give a try!!

jmable
Participant III

Years later this saved me! Thank you so much!

For anyone else that happens across this post, you might find something in the following video to help with setting all this up:

Top Labels in this Space