Showif field when form is equals xx

What ShowIf expression should I use when I am trying for a field to not show when is being displayed on a specifically named form?

Solved Solved
0 12 306
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please explore if the following expression helps to hide the filed in a specific form

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)<>โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€

Or another expression as follows

NOT(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) =โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Please explore if the following expression helps to hide the filed in a specific form

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)<>โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€

Or another expression as follows

NOT(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€) =โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€)

My form name is โ€œOrder_Details_Formโ€ it only works when I use this (which is the opposite):

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€

Just to be clear I want the field NOT to show when in โ€œOrder_Details_Formโ€

Thank you.

With the expression

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€

, the field will show in that particular view. If you wish the field not to show in a praticular view , then I believe , you need to use an expression

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)<> โ€œYour Specific Form View Nameโ€

thatโ€™s what is strange if I use <> it does show on that view, but if I use = it doesnโ€™t show

This is the field

This is the form (and the field not showing on the form)

Thank you.

I am sorry.I am unsure why this could be happening. Someone else may have more insights.

You need to turn ON setting to Apply Show If constraints universally.

Good catch @Heru. Sometimes one misses basics

I recollect, in recent another post we had come across the same issue and there also you had suggsted this

I hope this is the sameโ€ฆ will require more detail information if the setting already on.

Only to apply Show_If outside of forms. Show_If always works in forms. This poster is asking about forms.

Your form name appears to be Order Details_Form (no _ between Order and Details๐Ÿ˜ž

2X_2_212c6ebb24633fb7a27f6c6058593d51a1d4df1b.png

Please adjust the expression accordingly.

Steve, Great catch as usual.

I canโ€™t believe you catch that! great eye! that was it! thank you!!! here is the image of the form name to confirm.

Thank you guys!!!

2X_d_d104f477986ba8781eeda0b69d6780be70e898df.png

Top Labels in this Space