Showing App Views as per Roles

Hi All,

Is there a way we can show app views to users based on their roles. I have two tables namely Roles and User Roles.
Roles table has two columns (Role Id and Role Name)
User Roles has (User Id , Name , Email , Role Id(ref from Roles) as columns.

Can you advise expression I can use to filter the app views based on the User Roles Table.

Many Thanks

0 5 329
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the links but unfortunately I am still struggling to get it done. I tried to put an expression in the security filter โ€œSHOW_IFโ€ but it didnโ€™t work.

FILTER(  "User Roles",  AND(    ([Role Id] = "1"),    ([Email Id] = USEREMAIL())  ))

Can you advise what I am doing wrong in the above expression?

Many Thanks

The Show? expression must produce a Yes/No result, but your expression produces a List result. The expression youโ€™re using:

FILTER(
  "User Roles",
  AND(
    ([Role Id] = "1"),
    ([Email Id] = USEREMAIL())
  )
)

answers the question, โ€œwhich rows in User Roles have a Role Id column value of 1 and an Email Id column value matching the current userโ€™s email address provided by USEREMAIL()?โ€ The question you want the answer for Show? is, โ€œare there any rows rows in User Roles that have โ€ฆ?โ€ To do that, just wrap your expression in ISNOTBLANK():

ISNOTBLANK(
  FILTER(
    "User Roles",
    AND(
      ([Role Id] = "1"),
      ([Email Id] = USEREMAIL())
    )
  )
)

See also:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for helping out. The issue is resolved. Is there a way we can limit the data to users as per their company ids. For instance, User with Company Id 1 can only view / update / add the sales made by that respective Company (with Id 1).

Please advise.

Thanks again for your support

Hi @Sam_Bhullar

Please have a look to this article, that may be what you are looking for:

Top Labels in this Space