Showing bookings of resources in calendar + soon to be free properties

Hi there

I’m developing an app that should manage the booking of a definite number of resources (20-30). These resources can be rooms in a small hotel for example.
The aim of the business is to have these resources booked on as many days as possible.

I did see the Item Reservation sample app when I googled this (it didn’t come in the search inside the appshet.com sample apps list though-FYI), and learned from it how to prevent double booking.
But I need two additional features:

1. ability to show these resources on a Gantt-style calendar. Meaning that I need each resource to have a “line” in the calendar. How can this be done?
    I did use the calendar view to show the bookings and set the resource id as the category, but only resources having actual bookings would show up. I need the calendar to show all resources, when those without bookings…
    I thought of a workaround of running a scheduled report that would add a “fake” booking for yesterday if the property wasn’t booked then…
    Any other idea?

2. There is a need to have a view/report to alert the user about any resource that will be/is free in the coming 2 weeks so that the user could focus more on marketing them.
    Any idea how this could be done from queries perspective? “Find all resources that will have 1 free day at least in the coming 14 days”

Thanks a million

Solved Solved
0 8 1,010
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is a table view with single letter code for Available, Unavailable, Checking in, checking out etc. for each day. Format rules specify different icon and color for each code/value. The table is auto populated from an external database in my case.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It is possible to have such a view:

Thank you for the reply.
I would appreciate if you could elaborate on:
What type of view is it?
How can it be implemented?

It is a table view with single letter code for Available, Unavailable, Checking in, checking out etc. for each day. Format rules specify different icon and color for each code/value. The table is auto populated from an external database in my case.

Thank you for this insightful idea.
I now understand the idea of being populated externally and I managed to implement something similar now.
It’s amazing how many “workaround” I had to do for this

P.S. It’s a pity that there is no option to show the icon without text/

Thanks a million again!

Glad to know you figured out a solution despite the workarounds

woww .... it's fantastic view... How did you create this visualization?

pleaseeee

Hi, is it possible to get help creating this visualization?

Hi
can share with me that Reservation sample app, pls
thansk

Top Labels in this Space