Showing columns in edit mode only

Is there a way to show a column in edit mode only? And vise versa, is there a way to show a column in non-edit mode only?

0 11 1,713
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Define โ€œedit modeโ€, please.

When you click on an action that takes you into a form that edits the current row.

So in a form.

There are several ways to control whether a column is visible in a form. The easiest is to use a Show_If column constraint (an expression for the Show? property of the column):

A Show? expression of (CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Form") will cause the column to only appear in the form view. The expression, (CONTEXT("ViewType") <> "Form"), will prevent the column from appearing in a form view.

See also:

Simple enough. Thank you.

Iโ€™m using the equation CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€) = (โ€œDetailโ€) as instructed but itโ€™s not hiding the column when itโ€™s in Form View. Itโ€™s a virtual column. Could that cause issues?

I gave no such instruction. CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€) = (โ€œDetailโ€) will only be TRUE when the view type is Detail. Why would you think this would also be true in a form view?

To revisit my suggestion:

Nope.

You are correct, you gave no such instructions. However, with a different column, I used the equation, (CONTEXT(โ€œViewTypeโ€) = โ€œFormโ€), but it still appears in the Detail view.

Please post a screenshot of the complete Show_If expression, and a screenshot of the view in which the column is displayed improperly.

In this one screenshot you can see both the Show_If expression and the detail view to the right. The column we are working with is Lat.

Hi, is there a way to hide column if value is no greater than 0 but still show in edit mode?

Top Labels in this Space