Sign in table has EOCTbl and CallerName field...

expressions
(Tammi Canelli) #1

Sign in table has EOCTbl and CallerName fields.

Evac Record table has same fields and uses valid if expressions:

dbo.CallerSignIn[EOCTbl] dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language]

These work great.

But now I want to only display the caller names of those that have signed in but not signed out.

Using timestamps for both in and out fields.

How would I do this?

Is it a select expression in valid if

or does valid if remain as above and i use a select expression in the app formula?

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

You would need to use Valid_If with the SELECT so you can choose the value. You would need something like SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language],AND([SignedIn]=TRUE,[SignedOut]=FALSE))

(Tammi Canelli) #3

Do I need to have the select statement in both the table field and caller name field?

(Tammi Canelli) #4

Sorry for the delay.

I just emailed you.

Thank you.

(Tammi Canelli) #5

I tried this:

=SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language],AND([SignInTimestamp]=TRUE,[SignOutTimestamp]=FALSE))

and the expression verified but when I tested it I now only see the table field, the caller name field won’t display in the form.

(Aleksi Alkio) #6

Well… difficult to know. Probably no.

(Tammi Canelli) #7

@Aleksi_Alkio

this expression seems to work with regard to only showing the employees currently signed in:

=SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language], AND(ISNOTBLANK([SignInTimestamp]), ISBLANK([SignOutTimestamp])))

But it’s showing me all of them not just the names per table.

so the dependency seems lost somehow.

Any idea how I fix this?

(Aleksi Alkio) #8

You probably need to add [EOCTbl]=[_THISROW].[EOCTbl] or something like that into the AND expression.

(Tammi Canelli) #9

Well thank you but I’m gonna give up on this for now.

I either get all names or no names.

I even tried to create a slice and refer to that as the table.

just can’t figure out how to get it to select the signed in names but also filter by table.

I did add what you put above and while I didn’t get any errors it didn’t work either.

(Aleksi Alkio) #10

Don’t give up yet :-). What is the account ID, app/table/column names so I can check the reason from the app. Otherwise it’s difficult to give correct advice because you don’t know the table structure.

(Tammi Canelli) #11

Do you have an email I can send that info to?

(Aleksi Alkio) #12

aleksi@appsheet.com