Signing in a Signature Field Scrolls the Page with Edge Browser

I have a client who uses my application on a Microsoft Surface tablet using the Edge browser. When they try to sign a form, the entire page scrolls and leaves a single dot where the signature was started. Trying again adds another dot and scrolls the page again. A very quick flick of the finger will produce a short line before scrolling begins again. This makes it impossible for him to collect a signature on the form and makes it useless to him.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there a workaround?

0 5 375
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

@Gil Any thoughts?

One immediate workaround is to use Chrome or Firefox instead of Edge.

@Jeff_Schmitz can you tell me what version of Edge your client is using? Microsoft just released a major update so it matters if this is the old Edge or the new Edge.

Bahbus

Yeah, the Chromium version of Edge works with everything (because its still Chrome underneath), but I like it better than regular Chrome. Itโ€™s somehow not as memory hungry.

@gmoothart & @Bahbus Thanks for the suggestions. The client is not very technically adept, so getting a version probably wonโ€™t be possible until I can work with his device in person. In the meantime, Iโ€™ll have him install chrome and give that a try. Thanks for the help!

@Jeff_Schmitz youโ€™re welcome. If it is less intrusive, you could ask him to try upgrading Edge first. My hunch is that heโ€™s on the older version.

Gabe

Top Labels in this Space