Similar to what we have for our medical insur...

Similar to what we have for our medical insurance cards; or our online auto insurance cards—is there a way to create a section in the app in which each user can customize the contact names within their ‘own’ card? It would have these fields. I’m thinking the answer will revolve around if we want everyone to create logins.

0 7 368
7 REPLIES 7

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you. I understand we will have to have our users log into the app. Regarding my questions in my last post. What is the best way to set up the following.

How do we create the card?

How do we create the view in the menu?

What is the best way to set this up?

Hi @John_Beck,Could you please add a bit more about your requirement?

Based on description you have given, it is possible to create a section in the app for users to add their information. If you wish users to add their own information that needs to be secure from other users and that the users will access their

information often ,then yes the app will need to be a secure app with each user signing in.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar We would like to create a contact card for our users to fill out as seen in the above post image for us to retain and contact the user in case they reach out for help. How would i go about creating this view and the card to be stored when they log into our app? Any other ideas possibly?

Hi @John_Beck,

1. Will the app be used by users only to fill in their card as one time form submission?

2. Will the users be accessing the app for any other public information say some public bulletins, broadcasts etc.? In short data that is not at all user’s personal or confidential information?

3. Will they have access to their card information through the app after submitting

the card?

1. Will they have access to their any other confidential , personal information through the app?

I believe if your answers to questions 1 and 2 above are “Yes” you can have a public app,

If your answers to questions 3 and 4 are "Yes"then you need to go for secure app. with user sign in.

Please go through

the article below.

I will also request senior colleague @Aleksi_Alkio for his guidance.

https://help.appsheet.com/account-and-billing/how-to-choose-a-subscription-plan

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Responses below to your questions

1. Will the app be used by users only to fill in their card as one time form submission? No

2. Will the users be accessing the app for any other public information say some public bulletins, broadcasts etc.? In short data that is not at all user’s personal or confidential information? Yes, news articles, laws by state and country etc.

3. Will they have access to their card information through the app after submitting

the card? Yes, preferably

1. Will they have access to their any other confidential , personal information through the app? only their own card

I believe if your answers to questions 1 and 2 above are “Yes” you can have a public app,

If your answers to questions 3 and 4 are "Yes"then you need to go for secure app. with user sign in.

What is the best way to set this up? How do we create the card, and have it accessible to us in case they reach out etc.?

Hi @John_Beck,

If

1. the card data is confidential

2)It should be available to the concerned user through the app even after submitting the data, then you will need a secure app plan that needs user sign in.

I request you to take a look at the pricing plans at

appsheet.com - App Maker Pricing - AppSheet App Maker Pricing - AppSheet appsheet.com

Hi @John_Beck,

In general, the form can be set up in a form view for card data entry. Each user can have access to only her/his data through security filters, through their email. All tables having confidential data will need appropriate security filters.

Purely public data tables in the app need not have security filters and can have their own views set up.

I request you to go through following

help.appsheet.com - Limiting Users to Their Own Data Limiting Users to Their Own Data help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space