Simple Gantt View

The calendar view type is useful. It would be more useful if, in addition to the existing month format, a Gantt format could display events as one bar over weeks and months. If a calendar event starts in one week and ends 5 weeks later, the week option must be scrolled over the period. The month calendar view does not work for the type of Gantt view I need.

In the proposed Gantt View, the time of day detail would not be needed.

At one point many months ago, I understood that a Gantt view was on your roadmap. Is that still the case? Any target date?

Status Not Planned
82 19 4,178
19 Comments
Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

A similar comment was added here as well:

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

@morgan @William
This feature request pretty much has the most votes…

Bellave_Jayaram
Silver 5
Silver 5

I have temporarily solved this issue for a client by using Google Charting and Cloud Functions linked to an action button. FYI, this is what the Gantt looks like when the action button is clicked (the last part of the URL is the Unique ID of the project assigned in the app):

https://showgantt.firebaseapp.com/api/v1/gantt/BezG9YV3

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

That’s cool. I’ve seen it handled through charts before. This looks pretty good.

Romain_M

Hello,
I would like to know if there exists another way to add an Gantt view in Appsheet.If no, could you detailed your method ?
My goal is to have one sheet with all the data and when I click the button, Appseet display an Gantt view.
Thanks in advance

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

Maybe you can cheat one of these bar charts…
https://quickchart.io/gallery/

BenBl

I did a bit of a digging. I believe this workflow will work. It will definitely help if you’re comfortable with programming concepts.

Google Charts lets you create and pull charts using HTTP requests. And appsheet lets you issue such requests from a workflow rule.

Bellave_Jayaram
Silver 5
Silver 5

@BenBl, do you have a sample app that has a chart generated this way? Thanks.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

I would also love to see a working example!

BenBl

Not yet. I saw this post when looking for an example myself and then did that much research. Haven’t had the chance to implement it yet.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Bellave_Jayaram can I pay you to show me how to do this for Gantt, and Org charts?

pravse
Staff

This is not on our list to do this year.

The first post on this thread is really about showing a long interval effectively on a calendar view. But a Gantt chart is more than that — it shows dependencies between items which is important for project planning. Really, it shows a dependency tree projected onto the canvas of a calendar.

We’d like to do this and we definitely see the value. It is just a somewhat specialized view and we have more basic things we haven’t done yet (like charting, where we’ve decided to prioritze more of ourefforts for now)

bnewman

Any chance this could be on the road map for 2022?

Gantt Charts on AppSheet would really be a Smart Sheet killer

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

This exists in the backlog, but not yet prioritized on the roadmap. We would likely not pick this up until H2 2023 at the earliest. Stay tuned!