Simple query

I currently use a linux machine with apache, php and mysql to do this but I would like to use appsheet to make things easier but I don’t have a clue how to do it. It’s a very simple application but I don’t even know how to start with appsheet.

I have a table/google sheet with two coluns ID and Email and what it does is when I new employee arrives he goes the website and types his ID (its on his badge) and get his e-mail address… that simple!

I already created an app on appsheet and added the google sheet as a data source but I’m don’t know where to go from here!

I appreciate any help.

0 4 501
4 REPLIES 4

From there, I would check out workflows and actions.

I’m assuming you would want some sort of email or text message to go out to someone - confirming their new email right? Inside this email, you can include a link back to the app (if that’s something you want).

You might also want to set some value of another table - like marking the email as taken by a certain ID. Actions are what you want to persue here. You can create an action that will change the value of a column, such as the “open” status or “Assigned_ID” column, and trigger it based on the save of a form.

Of course there’s a lot more possible, but that’s some threads for you to untangle.

Thanks for the reply I’ll look into those tutorials but actually I just want the employee to type his/her ID and it shows his/her e-mail. That simple.

Also, you could use OCR to pull it from a badge or something - or a QR/barcode - to make data entry easier.

I got it working, thanks!

Top Labels in this Space