Simple virtual column in read only table with delta sync on takes minutes to update

Hello ,

I have

-a read only table (with delta on,and no security filters applied) , with one column, and 100 rows. The one column contains numbers from 1 to 100 , representing Order Numbers.

-an Orders table, with multiple column, one of the columns being the order number (not a key column).

-a slice that represents Open Orders , with less than 10 rows in result.

-a virtual column in Order Numbers that lists the Open Orders numbers , with some simple Open Orders[number] formula.

This VC does not update instantly and it even takes quite a few minutes to do so.

Is this a recent behaviour change , VC not being processed instantly for read only with delta tables? Is this intended or a bug?

I noticed in the performance monitor a property โ€œnot modified: trueโ€ for my read only table .

I tested the same formula in a more than 10000 rows table that is not read only. It works just fine, taking less than 5-10 secs.

Thank you.

Edit : i used the same approach a lot of times in the past , for stock inventory, etc ,with succes.

Solved Solved
0 9 280
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your help.

The initial observations are now confirmed by support staff : โ€œeither sever caching or delta sync could cause virtual columns not to update on syncโ€ .

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

This week, I noticed the same thing in another app : the VC (simplest if or ifs formulas) does not compute at all in a read only delta sync table. Tested with a few Pixel 5 phones , and in app preview as well.

Does anybody else noticed this issue ?

Iโ€™ve asked about this internally. The issue seems familiar to me, like this is expected behavior. I suspect the fix will be to disable delta-sync.

Thank you.

Itโ€™s a pity to lose delta sync advantages, itโ€™s useful for large tables.

In one way, with this recent behaviour itโ€™s almost like the delta sync applies to the virtual column too.

In another way, itโ€™s (it was) common knowledge that VCs are computed locally every time.

And strangely , VC seemed to compute just fine in chrome(windows) and some devices , but not in others

I did not find the common nominator for this issue.

Could it be the server caching s fault? I use both delta and server caching.

It could be. That, too, sounds familiar.

Hopefully someone will respond to the question I asked internally. In case not, you might be well served to contact Support. They might have an easier time getting the question answered.

The internal response I got about this was, essentially, that the behavior is unexpected. Please contact Support for troubleshooting.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Hi. Can you please help me with an inside look up? I opened a ticket to suport on 31 july. Thank you

Ticket found and escalated.

Thank you for your help.

The initial observations are now confirmed by support staff : โ€œeither sever caching or delta sync could cause virtual columns not to update on syncโ€ .

Top Labels in this Space