Six views in bottom navigation bar?!

I was under the impression that we could index up to five views in our bottom navigation bars:

2X_a_aea0bd5d90106bb97c8b3412d365b917e9cf8158.png

But, lo and behold, I have six:

It’s just a coincidence that my app’s quote for the day is “It always seems impossible until it’s done” . . . or IS it?

Is this new? And, is this wonderful improvement related to this temporary glitch?

0 7 1,271
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

I just noticed that this has already been pointed out . . . as you can see from the image from my app editor, the app editor still says “allow five”:

This may not last . . .

morgan
Participant V

Hey everyone,

Kirk is correct – this isn’t something we’re intending to support. However, we’ve been designing some improvements to the navigation specifically for larger displays. We’re also interested in making our views a little more flexible, making it less necessary for an app to need so many separate views. This will likely address people’s need for lots of views!

If you have a lot of views in your app, I’m curious:

1. How many views are representing the same table, but with different filters or groupings?

2. How many views are representing different tables entirely?

Let me know in this thread – it’ll help use figure out some future designs.

Thanks!
Morgan

Thanks for the response, @morgan!

As I’ve written in the following I’m using basically one main sheet (augmented by a few others for some maintenance tasks, etc.) with lots of slices that are the basis for lots of views in my flashcard app:

Though it may not be the way AppSheet is intended to work, I’m also using detail views as index pages (with links to other views) so that augments what I can do with one spot the menu bar.

Finally, using conditions, I have different views occupy the same point on the lower bar in different situations. This also helps me save on lower bar and menu real estate.

Is it possible to create LinkToApp(app-id) in the bottom navigation bar? 

Calling appsheet geniuses, hope you could help. 🙂

Steve
Participant V

@darryldejesus wrote:

Is it possible to create LinkToApp(app-id) in the bottom navigation bar? 

Nope.

Hope they would consider since i'm planning multi app to seamlessly function by including a Home button to link to the main app.

Top Labels in this Space