Slice Actions - I do have tables, which we ...

Slice Actions -

I do have tables, which we can update (edit). Based on this table, we create a slice, which is also editable.

Tables have various actions, set column to specific texts etc.

On the slice, I set slice action by picking up from the available actions, to show or hide from this views using this slice.

Edit action (Icon) is set as โ€œDisplay Overlayโ€, so this icon appears on view using table instead of slice.

Problem is even without selecting this edit action on slice, the view using this slice display edit action (idon) - display overlay.

I tried to find this slice & system action behaviour/action pane, but unable to find this (it looks generated by system for this particular slice to me) edit action, as it is always display action attache to table only.

Iโ€™m wondering how we can select show or hide this system generated actions attached to slice?

Or is it a bug or i m doing something wrong?

0 4 441
4 REPLIES 4

Go to the system-provided Add action for the table and disable it.

+Steve Coile Hi Steve, thank you for your comment, but I m not really sure what you suggest. On my case, โ€œeditโ€ icon is always displayed at the right bottom of the view (display overlay), using slice.

Why is โ€œAddโ€ action get involved here?

@tsuji_koichi Sorry, I misread your question.

HI Guys!

Hope you are fine.

I am very sorry to raise the issue again after three years. Actually, I was wondering to explore how โ€œSlice Actionsโ€ can be used but I can not find a place where clearly it is written. To me AppSheet documentation sometimes is not really helpful unless you guys are there. Actually, it is not really good to walk around for exploring an information. It is time consuming. Is it possible to get help in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Top Labels in this Space