Slice based on most recently added record

I have a table that contains Orders and another that contains Time Sheets
I need to populate a record in a Job Card table to store the customer’s signature for selected Time Sheets linked to an Order.

I’ve created a FORM to create a new Job Card.
On this form, the user enters a date and selects an Order from the Orders table (Ref field). The form generates a new Job Id, and saves it in the Job Cards table.
So far, so good.

However, after the new Job Id has been created, but before the customer signs, I need to display a list of Time Sheets linked to the selected Order and allow the user to select the Time Sheets to be included in this job card.
To do that I need to:

• Create a slice that lists all the Time Sheets that are related to the selected Order.
  • Display that list of Time Sheets and allow the user to select the Time Sheets he/she wants included on the newly created Job Card
  • Update the selected Time Sheet records to include the newly created Job Id (I can do that progressively as each record is selected with an Action)
  • Display a form with a summary of the information for the customer to sign.

To achieve that, I need to somehow be able to refer to the Order Id that was selected or at least the new Job Id that has just been created. Since I can’t use memory variables to store that information, how can I keep track of the required references? I know I could reference the last record entered in the Job Card table if I look for MAX Row Number, but what if two employees create a new job card at around the same end of day time?

0 2 162
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How would you personally differentiate them?

Technically there’s no need to differentiate them or record who prepared the Job Card. However I guess your comment is trying to say I need to add a Prepared By field and then use the most recently entered record by that employee to look up the Order Id and Job Id.

Top Labels in this Space