Slice data shows up as error

YONG

Hi all

first post as complete newbie to coding/little coding app building. I realise it started to shows up as error showing table when I clicked on “new data” for slices that I wanted to make since two days ago. Those that I made before seems to be ok. Can anyone else try it out and confirm this issue? maybe it’s just me

the condition I input works well at “test”

Solved Solved
0 11 777
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After creating the slice, BEFORE clicking the “View Data” button, did you SAVE the app?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to AppSheet! Can you post a screenshot of the issue? It might help us troubleshoot.

I have tried

generating a new sheet and [quote=“YONG, post:1, topic:24116”]
e to coding/little coding app building. I realise it started to shows up as error showing table when I clicked on “new data” for slices that I wanted to make since two days ago. Those that I made before seems to be ok. Can anyone else try it out and confirm this issue? maybe it’s just me

the condition I input works well at “test”
[/quote]

Just in case you didn’t realise. I have posted some screenshots at the bottom. let me know if you need more.

Thanks
yong

Unfortunately, the screenshots you posted don’t contain enough information to provide any insight to your problem. Are any errors displayed in the app editor? Perhaps in the Info >> Errors tab?

Hi Steve,nothing is shown in the info>>errors tab.

it went over my head too. I have tried creating a fresh new spreadsheet with a completely new gmail account, just to add new slice but same error came up.

yong

2X_a_a22ee1c1159b62eca7174dcd52ced4081cf9a921.jpeg

After creating the slice, BEFORE clicking the “View Data” button, did you SAVE the app?

no i didn’t. Problem solved. you are life saviour Heru. owe you big time

also i tried copying a sample app, then make a slice based on empty function, ended up with error as well when i tried to view data. Can you duplicate this error from your side?

the thing is when I can’t view the data somehow the slice is not save, when I tried to put into UX, it doesn’t filter anything. Affter I refresh the appsheet page the slice is gone

YONG

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I have attached some screenshots below. Any help is much appreciated

yong!

YONG

Test View

The test view you posted has a different column structure than the table view you posted. Are you pointing at the correct data source?

This is from the 2nd spreadsheet that I created with a new gmail account. Same result, test view works fine whereas the “view data” would give me error

thanks

Top Labels in this Space