Slice of matching reports

I need to create a slice from my Reporting table where there are 2 or more matching [License Plate #] and those matching reports have [Datetime] that differ more than than 10 days.

I have scoured the community and tried many formulas but everything I do has failed.

Bob

0 3 315
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

ISNOTBLANK(
    FILTER(
      "Reporting",
      AND(
        ([_THISROW].[License Plate #] = [License Plate #]),
        ((ABS(HOUR([_THISROW].[Datetime] - [Datetime])) / 24) > 10)
      )
    )
    - LIST([_THISROW])
  )

Steve,

This works great. Thanks for the quick reply! I added another AND expression to eliminate reports without a license plate number: ([_THISROW].[License Plate #] <> โ€œโ€).

Can you clarify so I understand -

• LIST([_THISROW])โ€ฆwhat does this do?
  1. ([_THISROW].[License Plate #] = [License Plate #])โ€ฆI believe this is a dereference, but I donโ€™t understand how it is working, since there is no current entry of a license plate #, ie [_THISROW].

Bob

FILTER("Reporting", ...) produces a list of rows from the Reporting table that match the given criteria (...). - LIST([_THISROW]) then removes the current row from that list. Weโ€™re let with rows other than the current one that match the criteria.

The slice filter expression is applied to each row in the table the slice is based on. _THISROW then refers to the row currently being considered by the slice filter. ([_THISROW].[License Plate #] = [License Plate #]) matches rows in the Reporting table with a License Plate # column value that matches the current rowโ€™s License Plate # column value.

Top Labels in this Space