Slice with lookup function in row filter expression

and([pest]=LOOKUP(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“pest”),[crop nr]=lookup(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“crop nr”))
This formula is correct according to the expression test.

But when this slice is used to filter data in a chart, the chart returns empty and says “no data available”.

I want to use a detailed view where 2 columns are shown from table 1 to slice table 2 with data to show in a chart.
How to make a working row filter expression for this?

Solved Solved
0 7 354
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you check your data source directly, do you see any record where these two evaluations are both correct?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Would you please check first that the slice is working correctly for example with the table view.

I tested it,
When the expression = “text” is used, the slice works and data is shown in the chart.

May I ask what do you mean by "Expression = “text”

sorry, when the expression is [pest]=“macrolophus” the slice works for the chart.

When you use and([pest]=LOOKUP(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“pest”),[crop nr]=lookup(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“crop nr”)) with a table view, does it show that table view correctly?

and([pest]=LOOKUP(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“pest”),[crop nr]=lookup(“1”,“choose pest”,“match”,“crop nr”)) shows an empty view, no data in it.

If you check your data source directly, do you see any record where these two evaluations are both correct?

Top Labels in this Space