Slices Not Working

rwksys

I’ve created a slice with a formula that I am confident works because I when I click “view data” I see the rows I want displayed. However, when I try to select the slice as the source in UX (for a deck, table, map, etc.) it returns no values. I don’t believe the UX view to be an issue because if I change the source to my table instead of a slice, it populates as expected. I’ve played with it for a long time, but suspect there is some simple thing I am overlooking. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Suggestions? TIA!

Solved Solved
0 8 407
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When using FIND() expression, the resut is number, not TRUE/FALSE. You would need to use something like… FIND(“Charlotte”, [Categories])>0

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Indeed, there are a few formulas that don’t evaluate the same way depending on where it’s run. The expression builder and the app evaluate formulas using different mechanisms, so sometimes things don’t work out as you planned.

What is the formula for your slice, usually it’s just a matter of switching around some logic.

Thank you, that is encouraging to hear. The formula I’m using is:

True = FIND(“Charlotte”, [Categories])

@rwksys May I ask what is your formula?

rwksys

Thanks, the formula that seems to work in preview but not in UX is intended to include only items where the keyword “Charlotte” is included in the category field (which is a text filed that may contain more than just the word Charlotte so I want any that includes Charlotte in the value):

When using FIND() expression, the resut is number, not TRUE/FALSE. You would need to use something like… FIND(“Charlotte”, [Categories])>0

That did it! Thank you so much!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space