Slices, reports and Bypass Security Filters

Hello,

I am trying to produce a report based on entries made by different users during a shift. There are 3 shifts so I want to produce a report at the end of each shift. I have a security filter set so each user can only see their entries in the app, but the report should include all users.

The way I tried to do this was create slices for each shift, and then have 3 reports which set the table to the slice table, and then in the report I use the Select. Then I clicked the โ€œBypass Security Filtersโ€ option as I donโ€™t want the slices filtering on the username. I tested each slice individually by clicking โ€œView Dataโ€ and they work, although they filter based on username.

This reporting doesnโ€™t seem to work. Each report includes all data, and is not filtered based on the slice filter condition. Am I misunderstanding how slices/reports/bypass security filters work? By clicking โ€œBypass Security Filtersโ€ am I also bypassing the slice filter condition?

The other way way I could do this is to remove the email filter from the security filter and move it to a slice and then switch off โ€œBypass Security Filtersโ€ but that would degrade performance as the table grows. Iโ€™m hoping there is a simpler way?

Thanks
Steve

Solved Solved
0 3 868
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem was in my template. I was using the select on the main table and not on the actual slice name. Once I used the slice name it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

One workaroundโ€ฆ use the ByPass option but write the filter with your SELECT(โ€ฆ) formula directly on a template.

Hi Aleksi, while this would work, the problem with this is then I need 3 separate template files, one for each shift. Also Iโ€™m not sure the select statement would be very easy to read.

I thought my usecase might be quite common and I was just missing something to get the slice filter condition working.

The problem was in my template. I was using the select on the main table and not on the actual slice name. Once I used the slice name it worked.

Top Labels in this Space