Slow? Or is it just me?

It seems to be taking longer than usual to load my app in the editor and for syncs to occur when I use the app on my phone. Is it just me? If this is an issue that others have noticed, I wonder if it’s related to the migration to Google or to recent issues with the editor.

4 Likes

Hi Kirk, I haven’t seen anything like that today. Are you still seeing the same?

1 Like

Thanks for your response!

Yes. I think some of my problem is that my app has gotten too big. I may need to figure out how to maintain functionality while reducing or reconfiguring some of my virtual columns.

Still, it seems to me that that app editor is slow to load. I just tested my internet connection and the download speed is about 90 mbps. Still, opening a tiny app in the app editor from My Apps takes about 20 seconds(Chrome browser, Mac). Opening the main app I’m working on (which, again, is very large) takes about 2:35. The first two minutes seem to be just to get the app in the editor and the last 30 seconds or so seem to be used to resync the app.

I know my app is getting too big but I haven’t added much to it recently. I don’t have time comparisons but I’m pretty sure I was able to open it in a good deal less that one minute. So, it seems to me that something has changed either in the connection between Japan and AppSheet or on the AppSheet side.

@tsuji_koichi, are your apps opening quickly?

1 Like

Hello friend @Kirk_Masden
Honestly, before you posted this, I was on the feel it takes longer than before when we open the app in app “editor”. My app is relatively large and complicated as always, and placing bunch of implementation to reduce the amount of time to run VC calculation etc. To sync my app it takes 10 sec + , which is my standard and threthhold to manage my client app.
However, it takes far too long to open app in editor to edit and do some jobs on app… It is surely taking more time than before.

Thats my observation.

3 Likes

Ditto, waiting for the editor to load (especially the first time opening an app for the day) be like
3jFUJ

3 Likes

Just timed my most complicated App. It was 7mins 10 secs from “Save & Verify” to seeing it start to sync. Though that was whilst watching Youtube on what is quite an old PC. Also another PC was downloading a big update. A sync on its own took 27sec.

Paused youtube and the download and the same processes took 6mins 28secs

So I’m basically spending over 2 hours every day waiting for Appsheet to save my changes :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Wow! Sounds similar to my situation, though a bit worse. I take it that this is quite different from what you were experiencing a few weeks ago, right?

1 Like

Thanks for flagging everyone, this sounds bad. Let us look into it.

6 Likes

I think it started getting worse over a month or so ago. All of a sudden my apps started gerating warnings that they hadn’t checked all the template file equations

3 Likes

@1minManager I am having the same issues, for about the time.

3 Likes

me too, on the mobile version, at browser is working;

2 Likes

Great-Odins-Raven-Ron-Burgundy-Cant-Believe-His-Eyes-In-Anchorman

4 Likes

Just FYI, seems better to me now.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. If you still see some abnormal behavior with the save times (on editor), would you please contact our support team at support@appsheet.com with details. We would like to monitor the delay and see what could cause this.
#1 - App name
#2 - Account ID number
#3 - Would you please also give access to your app/account so we are able to investigate what the issue might be. You can do that from My Account > Settings > “Allow AppSheet staff to access…”

Thanks, Aleksi

3 Likes

My times are still quite slow but a few seconds faster than yesterday: 17 seconds for the tiny app and 2:27 for the big one (both times are what it takes to open the app to edit in the editor). I’ll follow @Aleksi’s advice and send my information to support.

1 Like

By the way, I’m trying to open My Account and 3 minutes have already passed. Something is weird. Have other people had trouble getting into My Account?

Oh, just now, at 5 minutes, My Account has started to open . . . but it’s still not done yet. Very strange.

2 Likes

Wow. Opening the My Account page always seems to take longer than others, but not minutes. Maybe 30 seconds or so

2 Likes

I do chin-up excersise while I wait for App editor to up and running after loggin in. My muscle is gettin stronger day by day… joke.

Yes, not a 3,4, 5 minutes, but my case is 60 sec PLUS to open.

@MultiTech_Visions

4 Likes

I’m studying Chinese characters. I’m preparing for a test (漢字検定二級) and I do exercises (practice problems in preparation for the test) as I wait. In fact, I was just doing that a few minutes before I read your post. Now, time for some physical exercise. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi @Aleksi

Checked again this morning and its taking 6mins 15secs to get into the App. Approx 1min less. I’ll report as suggested

5 Likes