Slow response times in Australia We are a not...

Slow response times in Australia We are a not for profit community educator (U3A) who use AppSheet to keep class attendance records. We use multiple versions of the same app, one for every course we run. When we are editing apps or creating new versions, the response time is very slow, even though it is being done on desktop machines connected directly to broadband. Sometimes the response time is so slow that the app wonโ€™t load - we get an internal server error from Google. When we use the apps, they are on Android tablet connected by wifi, and the response time problem also stops apps loading from time to time. We have also found that we cannot add a shortcut for a new version of the app using the wifi in our office. I know that AppSheet is held on servers in the US, but I donโ€™t know where the Google Sheets that we use reside. Is it possible that they are not in the US, but somewhere closer to Australia, which is making the network latency problem worse?

I note that AppSheet are intending to set up servers in other locations in 2018 - has this happened yet and if not, when will it happen?

0 10 577
10 REPLIES 10

If the editor is slow, normally the reason is your browser extension(s). Would you please check them and clear if neccessary. At least Lastpass Chrome extension is one of. If that doesnโ€™t help, check if you can see any errors with F12.

When you say โ€œclearโ€ do you mean turn them off? I use LastPass and would go insane without it. I havenโ€™t noticed it slowing down anything else I do in Google Chrome, my browser of choice. I could try doing my AppSheet work in different browser, without LastPass - will give it a go.

Yes, turn it off or remove it. If you need to have it with the Chrome, try to use another browser

@Nahani_Mate all you have to do is log out of last pass while using appsheetโ€ฆ

Good point Grant!

Cubyl

It is still early in my opinion to talk about good performance of appsheet Here the problem is not the synchronization of the application but the connection to the server of appsheet It always takes twenty seconds before the Application connects to the server and then starts synchronization

Use extension manager to turn extension off when you developing appsheet

I tried Microsoft Edge without LastPass - no discernible improvement

Helen from Pixel 2 phone

Hmm, this test service says response times are reasonable. bitcatcha.com - Bitcatcha - Speed Test Your Website Server (Response Time) Bitcatcha - Speed Test Your Website Server (Response Time) bitcatcha.com

I used another service to test and it looks like it takes about 5 seconds to load a simple app in the editor from Melbourne Australia. Thatโ€™s still a long time, but it sounds like youโ€™re seeing much longer timeouts. From what you mentioned about the app also timing out on an Android device, and โ€œinternal server errorโ€ from Google, the problem is likely to be something when reading the spreadsheet. In particular, I wonder if you have long running formulas or something like that in the spreadsheet itself. Perhaps you could send the details to support@appsheet.com โ€” we can try to look into it

Top Labels in this Space