Slow Sync Is anyone experiencing problems wi...

Slow Sync

Is anyone experiencing problems with AppSheet server speed? I have a very simple app that used to sync in 10-12 secs but is now taking 107-120 secs!

0 31 857
31 REPLIES 31

Same here.

Just trying to login to the site and getting no response.

Based in UK

While writing this its just let me login but very slow

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, has taken over 2 minutes just to list my apps let alone open any of them.

Iโ€™m experiencing sync/network connection problems, too.

iโ€™m about 30 miles away from Simon, here in Exeter, UK.

Glad itโ€™s not just me!

@Andrew_Eills I understand from @Aleksi_Alkio that this is being investigated.

Hi, weโ€™re having problems in our EU servers. Response time is very slow. Weโ€™re working to fix the issue. Will post here when resolved.

@praveen Thanks for the update Praveen. Are you going to be able to offer a more permanent fix this time? I donโ€™t begin to understand how servers work, all I do know is I use cloud based services and apps with providers in UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand yet it only seems to be AppSheet that has these problems with Europe. Donโ€™t mean to bitch but itโ€™s becoming a real frustration.

I agree with your frustration. We have fewer servers in Europe and so when one or more of them has issues, there are fewer to pick up the load and they get overloaded. That is what is going on right now. The solution is for us to provision more servers in Europe. We need to do that asap.

The issue is still ongoing unfortunately. Will keep you posted.

Me as well - UK South coast(Dorset)

At least 3 of us on the South Coast of the UK

This issue was fully resolved a little less than two hour ago.

Due to a misconfiguration, one of the EU servers dropped out of the server load balancing pool.

That led to much higher than expected load on the remaining servers and caused increased sync times and other service degradation.

We have resolved the underlying issue, but we are also increasing EU server capacity.

This added capacity will will make the system much more robust with respect to this class of problems.

+Brian Sabino Thanks for the update and relieved to hear you will also be increasing EU server capacity.

@Fabian now stopped working altogether on all browsers and Android. Hope AppSheet are on the case!

Iโ€™ve been having similar problems in Japan.

Itโ€™s OK some times and not OK others โ€“ but generally slow to do edits on the web editor interface.

@Kirk_Masden Wow! Suddenly improved.

I donโ€™t know what has made the difference.

Andy_P

It is still very slow in the US.

Doing edits on the web is almost impossible.

Noted and we are investigatingโ€ฆ

+Brian Sabino @Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™m struggling to receive tenancy applications and also users reporting they cannot access documents to sign them. Three reports from different tenants within the last couple of hours. Is this likely to be related to the other issues being reported?

+Brian Sabino @Aleksi_Alkio +AppSheet Having SERIOUS problems, yet another tenant has been in touch to say they cannot access agreement to sign it. Is this an AppSheet issue or something wrong with my App? It was working fine up until about 48 hours ago!

@StudentHomes_Plymout

Iโ€™ve not got any issues at my end or reports from clients

@Simon_Robinson Thatโ€™s good to know, Iโ€™ll double check my App to see if Iโ€™ve changed anything! Thanks Simon

Andy_P

All things appear to be back to normal.

I can make edits on the web again.

Thank you.

If anybody is still seeing anything unexpected in terms of site or app performance, please let us know. Thanks

@Simon_Robinson @Fabian Iโ€™m based in UK as well. Seems to be similar problem to one experienced recently when a server went down in Europe.

Everything seems fine in Japan now.

Trying to save changes in the App Editor. Getting this message: Error saving the app definition: __:Network error

Iโ€™m in Germany

@Fabian @Simon_Robinson Fair to say I think itโ€™s broken! Unable to sync latest data on Android devices as well as desktop.

@Simon_Robinson @Fabian Defo help required!

Are you all still seeing this behavoir?

Yes

Top Labels in this Space