Sms reciever

Jack_Ruele
Participant II

Hi

I have created an app to manage my student rental property, now I want to automate rental payments. By either

1.integrating my bank account with appsheet, So whenever someone pays, it automatically changes [March] from “Unpaid” to “Paid”, and I used a format rule to highlight students who have not paid.

1. Using sms receiver, which will read payment notification sms from the bank in my sms, then maybe lookup the tenant usind data from the sms, then if data matches, it will change data [March] from “Unpaid” to “Paid”.

In theory the two options sound possible, but can they work in practice? Or is there an easier way to achieve this?

1 1 255
1 REPLY 1

TyAlevizos
Participant V

AppSheet the platform will not behave like a “sms receiver” so let’s rule that one out. Remaining ideas include:

1. Use Zapier or similar to update your data source, and then appsheet will pick that up the next time you use it.
  2. Use the appsheet Rest API to post new information to appsheet directly. This is not part of the free, premium or pro plan, btw. Rest API docs: https://help.appsheet.com/en/collections/378364-integrations#api

Hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space