so, here is something I cant figure out.. I...

so, here is something I cant figure out…

I have an action attached to a column, and in the preview it’s placed there and works fine, but when I save, it resets the “Attach to column” back to key each time?

I had this issue before, but it was with a Virtual Column, this time Im using a real column.

Thanks again gurus.

0 18 406
18 REPLIES 18

+Steve Coile Yes…

I use [key] as my key column with UniqeID() … it’s a defaut for me.

#open

@David_Hopkins can you elaborate your issue a bit more? What do you mean with “…action attached to a column…”?

@David_Hopkins I’d call this behavior a bug. Contact support?

+Steve Coile I had not yet…

but at this point… i plan to…

thanks Steve…

@David_Hopkins do apologize but I still haven’t understood what’s that “attached to column” is? I got the [key] part, but I frankly haven’t got the other one. Do you have a chance to attach a screenshot?

@Levent_KULACOGLU “attached to column” is a feature of an action with a Prominence of Display inline.

When Display inline is chosen, the attach to column option is presented. The action icon will then be displayed adjacent to the chosen column in detail views, and will replace the column value in table views.

Thnx +Steve Coile

I am having this same issue today! Hope it is a bug that gets resolved!

@John_Gardner Please notify AppSheet support.

bug opened.

Hi @Levent_KULACOGLU,

Well… i’ve created an Action and used the “Display Inline” option, setting the “Attach to column” value as “In Stock”…

However, once I save, the “Attach to column” value is changed to “key” every time.

The action, form, and all work fine, and the “In Stock” column is NOT a virtual column… so I cant figure out why it wont stick.

Is you sequence is like this in your Action Button under EFFECT section: Do this >> Data: set the value of a column Set this column >> [In Stock] To this value >> [_THISROW].[Attach to column]

@Levent_KULACOGLU ,

No… the Action is to open a form for editing of the same row.

LINKTOROW([key], “Stock Form”, “Armory-489427”)

@David_Hopkins where is the " setting ‘Attached to column’ value as ‘In Stock’ " part in this expression? Are you opening this form and change a field’s value? If you are trying to change a key column value, you can’t do that.

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Yes, the form that is opened simply shows the “In Stock” number allowing the user to change it.

Form and all other functions work great…

@David_Hopkins And key is a column name (i.e. [key])?

also having this issue

Top Labels in this Space