So, I want to hide from the input form some t...

So, I want to hide from the input form some timestamp columns I have.

They are used to check in and out times on a project.

I have an action to activate the timestamps.

I dont want technicians going into form and getting confused by seeing the columns in the form section.

I only want them to see and click the action that is associated with the timestamping.

SO, do I: #1-create a slice and a custom form input and not include them in the slice?

Or will this cause them not to be stamped since they are not in the slice? #2-Hide them in the table columns?

Or will this screw them up since they will then not be searchable?

0 8 341
8 REPLIES 8

@Grant_Stead - Thoughts?

Why donโ€™t you just add a expression FALSE into the Show_If and it wonโ€™t show it in the form?

Because I do want it to be seen in another view, wont that hide it from every view?

It depends do you have UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally > OFF

yah it is on.

So if I turn it off, all show if constraints will now not act how I programmed them to?

If the option is ON, the Show_If formula will affect both in the form and detail/table/deck view. If itโ€™s OFF, it will only affect in the form view.

If you want to control where do you want to show it, you can do it in the view itself. Did this answer to your question?

Yes, Thanks Aleski.

I am such a newbieโ€ฆ

We have been all

Top Labels in this Space