[SOLVED] Date range slice I have no idea wha...

[SOLVED] Date range slice

I have no idea what i’m doing wrong. In my app I have a dashboard which shows me a pie chart of all my income and expenses by transaction type. I want to limit the data in this pie chart by applying a date range filter in which I can set a start date column and a end date column to a specific value.

I use two tables for this, one which has all the transactions and one which is a settings table in which I can adjust the start date and the end date column.

I tried to create a slice with the following formula:

AND(Transactions[Date of Transaction:] >= Settings[Start Date:], Transactions[Date of Transaction:] <= Settings[End Date:])

I get the following error:

Arithmetic expression ‘(REGISTRO[Fecha de transferencia:] >= SALPICADERO[Fecha Inicial:])’ does not have valid input types

I have no idea why I’m getting this error. Can anyone please tell me what I’m doing wrong and tell me how to best achieve what I want?

Many thanks in advance.

1 4 1,307
4 REPLIES 4

@Bellave_Jayaram thanks for responding. I tried it with this formula but I now receive the following error:

Cannot compare List with Date in (Transactions[Date of Transaction:] <= ANY(SELECT(Settings[End Date:],“true”)))

Try AND([Date of Transaction:] >= any(select(Settings[Start Date:], true)), Transactions[Date of Transaction:] <= any(select (Settings[End Date:], true)))

Sorry, I missed that. Try:

AND([Date of Transaction:] >= any(select(Settings[Start Date:], true)), [Date of Transaction:] <= any(select (Settings[End Date:], true)))

@Bellave_Jayaram This worked perfectly thanks!

Top Labels in this Space