[SOLVED] Hi all, I was wondering how to ac...

Cubaine
Participant IV

[SOLVED]

Hi all,

I was wondering how to achieve the following:

Use one action to copy and edit a specific entry and change the values of specific fields automatically. I tried making separate actions first and then making one action that runs all the other actions.

When I click the action, the entry does copy and it takes me to the editing screen, however the fields I had set for change in the separate actions do not change automatically.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

0 9 468
9 REPLIES 9

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Guillermo_Perez This should work . You may need to swap the order of the actions in your grouped action.

Do the change

action first and then the copy action.

Lynn
Participant V

Hi sorry I thought I had an Action that did that but I just checked it and It does as you say. There may be another way to do what you need. Its getting a bit late here I may have to leave it to the experts.

Cubaine
Participant IV

@Lynn Hi Lynn, no problem thanks for thinking with me.

@Guillermo_Perez the only option currently is to use LINKTOFORM and populate it with the current records informationโ€ฆ You can basically replicate an entire copy row action with it, while customizing what you need in each columnโ€ฆ

help.appsheet.com - Column Type: App (Deep Links) Column Type: App (Deep Links) help.appsheet.com

Cubaine
Participant IV

@Grant_Stead Thanks! I will give this a try later on.

@Guillermo_Perez the reason is the copy action. Itโ€™s not fully automatic action and thatโ€™s why it stops the process. Could you use LINKTOFORM instead? Then you would not need any other action.

Cubaine
Participant IV

Thanks again everyone this was exactly what I needed.

Cubaine
Participant IV

Hi @Lynn I tried swapping the order to see what would happen. Unfortunately only the first action launches which in this case was to change a field in my column called ledger to cash. This seems to be the problemโ€ฆ only the first action launches for some reason. Also if I swap the order then the current entry changes instead copying the entry and editing the fields.

Iโ€™ll try to explain what I want to accomplish a bit better. I have the following relevant columns: - Ledger; - Transaction Type; - Main Category; - Subcategory; and - Amount

The ledger field contains several bank ledgers and a cash ledger. If I have an entry in one of the bank ledgers of the Subcategory type withdrawals, I want an action to show up so that I can copy the entry and automatically change all columns but the amount columns to a specific entry.

Do you or does anyone else know how to accomplish this? Is there a reason why I can only launch the first action even though I have selected execute a sequence of actions?

Top Labels in this Space