Sort data by today then by date

I have a simple view in which records are sorted by date. I would like to show today’s entries on top of my view and then all data below would be sorted as is - by date descending.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your answers.

0 7 1,463
7 REPLIES 7

Not directly with the Date column. You would need to do that from another column first… you could add a virtual column with the app formula like TODAY()=[Date]. When you have that column, you can do it if you first sort the order with that virtual column and then secondly with the date column.

This works, but I forgot to mention my data is grouped by date.

And I was thinking if it was possible to push today’s data on top of it even when data is grouped?

Thank you!

Okay… you could add a virtual column with IF([Date]=TODAY(),“Today”,“Other Dates”) and then group first with that column.

Works perfecty! Thank you, Aleksi!

You’re welcome

I benefited from this solution except my groupings are causing me issues
When a group is set, it seems that it automatically sorts the groups in ascending order which overrides the sorting. Example, despite having a sorting by date, when I add a group for month in text format it disregards the sort and shows all bills in April at the top because “A” is chronologically the first alphabet. Weird !?? Any ideas @Aleksi

IF you are using Group By, it will show your groups either with the ascending or descending order. The sorting itself happens inside of that group, not in a group level.

Top Labels in this Space