Sort Days of Week

I have a set of rows for store hours. I would like to order them:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday…Sunday. The column is not a date, as it is simply the name of the days of the week. Any ideas about how to go about this?

Solved Solved
0 1 986
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Simply adding them in the order you want should display them in that order - as long as you apply no other sorting. BUT, if need to control it, one way is to add an index column that you never show and then sort/order by that column.

AppSheet has a WEEKDAY() function to get the weekday value from a date and it will show the text Sunday, Monday, etc. But AppSheet starts with Sunday as index of 1 which is why I am suggesting a column so you can apply your own index.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Simply adding them in the order you want should display them in that order - as long as you apply no other sorting. BUT, if need to control it, one way is to add an index column that you never show and then sort/order by that column.

AppSheet has a WEEKDAY() function to get the weekday value from a date and it will show the text Sunday, Monday, etc. But AppSheet starts with Sunday as index of 1 which is why I am suggesting a column so you can apply your own index.

Top Labels in this Space