Sort Fast Table records

tkeats
Participant I

Hi all,

I have a reference that is pointing to a slice and creating an inline list view. When I click and view the entire list it is creating a “fast table” view. I’m trying to sort that view. Has anyone experienced this and know a way to sort a “fast table” list?

-Tony

Solved Solved
0 11 2,341
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@thKeats
For any fastTable, you can create a REF type table view which will override that and you can then play with the sorting and grouping.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @tkeats If you click on fast Table where you have it circled, it should bring that view up in the editor for you to edit the sort order etc.

LeventK
Participant V

@tkeats
fastTable is the view that you have explicitly created with Virtual Columns with using either a SELECT or REF_ROWS expression. Do you have any Virtual ref(s) like this in your app?

I do.
I have a REF_ROWS that references a slice. I tried using the ORDERBY() in that Virtual Columns with the REF_ROWS as the first parameter and the field I want to sort as the 2nd parameter, the TRUE/FALSE in the 3rd. I though it would work because it gave me the greenlight BUT it did not effect the list.

@thKeats
For any fastTable, you can create a REF type table view which will override that and you can then play with the sorting and grouping.

@ LeventK

Levent FTW, Thanks!!!
I creates a VIEW of my slice and somehow it has now replaced the “fastTable” so yes, I can now play with the sorting and grouping. Awesome!

-Tony

You’re welcome @thKeats, truly my pleasure to be helped of. Can you please mark my response as solution provided the proposed solution fits your requirements and clarifies your issue? It might be helpful for other community members as well if they search the community with Solution tag. Thank you.

hi @LeventK I followed the steps you have suggested but the new REF Type Table View does not override my fasttable and its column order is nothing close to any of my existing views. I would appreciate a response on this. Thank you.

@AppsheetNoob69
Can you please a bit elaborate? How you app is set up? What’s you app structure? How your tables are related? What’s the reference between your tables (if any)? It’s hard to predict anything without knowing your app schema. Not everyone’s solution might fit one-on-one with another one’s. Thanks.

Hi @LeventK I appreciate the response.

I have a ProductList Table and created a ProductList view out of it.
My key field is the UPC column.
I also created a virtual table in the ProductList table which goes like REF_ROWS(“DataEntry”, “UPC”)
The DataEntry Table has a UPC column which is a reference from the ProductList table.

I have created similar view in the past but this is the first time that I have encountered trying to re-order the reference view and that when I noticed the fasttable. See my screenshot below.

I hope this helps. Thank you in advance.

Notice that the tables are not sorted the same way in all 3 areas.

How does the new REF Type Table View knows which fasttable to overwrite? Thanks.

@AppsheetNoob69
Your REF_ROWS expression points out to your DataEntry table. Provided you create a Ref type, Table View for this table and arrange it as you like, you will notice that this ref table will replace AppSheet’s default inline view table (a.k.a. fastTable) in your ProductList_Detail view.

Top Labels in this Space