Sort of Whitelisting question: I’m creating a...

Sort of Whitelisting question: I’m creating a secure shared app to allow user input to another app I created that is currently in use. The new app will have about 300 users.

Questions:

1. Sharing the app manually with each approved user and updating the user list is not something our overworked

one-person office wants to deal with. So that’s not an option and the app will be dead in the water.

Is there a way to import data from an external file (or other method) into the list of allowed users?

1. Our users are not all on the same domain, nor do they all have accounts on the cloud providers that oAuth uses. So that will severely limit the usefulness of our app. Any way to get around that? That will also most likely sink the app for us, sadly.

Suggestions?

0 4 562
4 REPLIES 4

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

If there are many users and you cannot have them all under one domain, the closest alternative is @praveen’s answer to the post below which would be integrating with AWS Cognito service, and it will require corporate plan: plus.google.com - Hi All. I’ve logged this feature request, in case anybody would be intereste… Hi All. I’ve logged this feature request, in case anybody would be intereste… plus.google.com

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

More details here: help.appsheet.com - User Access Control via AWS Cognito User Access Control via AWS Cognito help.appsheet.com

+Charlie Wells You can copy paste a comma separated list of users into the users email fields in the users pane.

Thanks @Gil_Littman_AppSheet! But this will not take care of the second problem (users in domains other than the ones oAuth supports). I’m looking into what @RezaRaoofi suggested…

Top Labels in this Space