Sorting histogram workaround

CorpIT
Participant II

From what I understand, appsheet doesn’t let you sort columns in a chart by group aggregate. I know there’s a workaround where you can create virtual columns to “hardcode” the order of columns, but I want to dynamically order them by a Sum.

I’m trying to create a sales leaderboard where a chart or table can be sorted from highest seller to lowest. Instead of the Salesperson columns being ordered alphabetically, could I somehow index the sum of sales by salesperson and append a 1,2,3 etc on it? See below for a very simplified example:

2X_b_bb2a4b7e7d18b9a131ebfd78e6f49a649c84fb63.png

1 1 625
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

First time I did this, i created a second sheet, having a column for unique names, and a column for total value (using google sheet formulas). This second sheet can be displayed as a taboe, ordered by total. If there would be a third google sheet column, with shhet formula (something with “rank” i think), the table can be displayed as a sorted histogram too. This way , the app needs to be refreshed to show latest ranking (in case of data changes)

The second way I did this, was with a second sheet, containing only one phisical column, with unique names, and a virtual column to calculate sum from first table. First table name column is a Ref fron second table names column. Virtual column formula was something like sum([related tableones][price]). This way was really fast and kind of real time, for small tables, but slow working for large tables (table 1 having 2000 rows, and second having 300 rows took about 30 to 50 seconds in my case). If first table is a dynamic slice , like in my case, this method was better.

Top Labels in this Space