Spec feedback

tony1

Has anyone played around with Spec?

0 6 426
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @tony I have used it a few times but mainly as a way of finding icons for other apps. If I recall each new table has itโ€™s own spreadsheet which is a bit awkward. I then had to copy them all into one spreadsheet so that all the sheets were in one spreadsheet.

Agree with @Lynn - I find it is useful when one wants to quickly spin up an app with some sample data and a UX for it that can be saved and expanded upon.
I would hate to see it removed.

For any table that has adds or updates, I end up needing slices to order the form views and include SHOW columnsโ€ฆ As a result of this, my SPEC views end up being crazy unweildly:

So, Iโ€™ve never used this.

tony1

@Jonathon I forgot to link to https://www.appsheet.com/spec

Thereโ€™s a โ€œspec viewโ€ of your current app in the editor, but also a way to create new apps via a similar interface.

I think the main issue is that itโ€™s a divergence from what the platform typically doesโ€ฆ Appsheet is data first, where Spec is high level conceptual app building. I think it would be a good data modeling tool for people new to relational database designโ€ฆ Now, it would be cool if it could be mix and matchedโ€ฆ Like what if while doing a SPEC I could connect a legit data source, and then continue Specโ€ฆ

tony1

Thanks for the feedback, all!

Top Labels in this Space