Special Character / Icon / Small Image Shown in a Text Field?

Tony_Insua
Participant V

Hi,
Exploring some possibilities, but is there any way to include an icon or special character or small image that can be included in a text field?

Iโ€™m wanting to include a small image that will fit within the parameters of the deck or card view. This special image / character / icon cannot be included in the typical image box area but rather the text area.

Iโ€™d like to include this in a string of text concatenations. Not sure if this possible.

Thanks

Any guidance on this?

Solved Solved
1 7 1,756
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You may wish to take a look at unicode characters or emojis. However please do go thoroughly through the post below and other posts referred in that post.

Please be aware that not all emojis are rendered on all operating systems or all versions and again not identically. So if an app is browsed on an operating system of earlier version, the emoji may not show. They may also not reflect in template reports produced through an AppSheet app.

In summary, please be thoroughly aware of shortcomings and careful steps required before using them.

Our AppSheet community colleagues have shared lots of good insights in the posts below.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You may wish to take a look at unicode characters or emojis. However please do go thoroughly through the post below and other posts referred in that post.

Please be aware that not all emojis are rendered on all operating systems or all versions and again not identically. So if an app is browsed on an operating system of earlier version, the emoji may not show. They may also not reflect in template reports produced through an AppSheet app.

In summary, please be thoroughly aware of shortcomings and careful steps required before using them.

Our AppSheet community colleagues have shared lots of good insights in the posts below.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar
Thanks a lot! These worked great in my app. The selection of emojis out there in the universe could be better but this is a good start.

Good to know that you found it useful.

As you must have read in those referenced posts, there has been some remarkable creative work and insights on using emojis by @Gerald_Kariuki, @Fabian, @tsuji_koichi , @Heru , @Kirk_Masden and @TyAlevizos from AppSheet team. Let us thank them for their insights. I also dabbled in exploring emojis as I felt they have very good potential.

However, after some exploration, I feel that currently there is somehwat lesser scope overall for emojis use in business apps based on available unicodes and rendering on various OS versions.

Anyway, technology keeps evolving and let us hope there will be still more useful emojis in future.

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar

In addition to proper Emoji, I sometime using those https://fsymbols.com/letters/
to decorate my apps to add a bit different flavour.

Sample use case like this screenshot taken from my app.

On the top โ€œCheck In Reportโ€

Chick here is bubble text, but using as action button with appsheet inline aciton.

Wow! That use case looks very neat. Thank you @tsuji_koichi for sharing one more tip.

Your insights are always so useful.

You can vote here

Top Labels in this Space