SQL Connection

Hi. I’ve created a database in my computer using SQL Management Studio. I’m now trying to add this as a data source to my account but I’m not able to get it right. The SQL Server is open for remote connections and I even put in a new Inbound firewall rule so that any connections to that port can come in. I think I’m putting in the server name wrong. Can you help with this please?
Server Name: KRANTHI-PC

0 6 951
6 REPLIES 6

@Kranthi_Kumar
May I ask what is your AppSheet subscription plan is? SQL connection is only allowed with Small Business Plan and Business Plan. If so, advise reading below pages:

I’m on the Premium Secure plan. I can’t even use it for testing?

I’m afraid you cannot as you have already enrolled in a pricing plan

I’ve tried it with another account as well, which doesn’t have any subscription plan attached to it.

Refer to the pages that I have advised. Also chiming in @Harry

@Kranthi_Kumar It sounds like you’re hosting the database on your own personal computer/laptop. The name of your computer is not a real hostname, so AppSheet server will not be able to connect to your computer using this name. Does your computer have a publicly accessible IP address? If your computer is connected to a wifi network, please note that the IP address of the wifi router is not enough to allow AppSheet to connect to your computer, since your computer might be one of many other computers connected to the same wifi network. If your computer is not publicly accessible to other machines, I highly suggest hosting your database in a cloud provider such as Google or Amazon.

Top Labels in this Space