SQL image storage?

EIG

From the link above, I am trying to understand the following paragraph:

Each image or file is saved as a separate row in a database table. Instead of a table, you can use an updateable view. You need a varchar(max) column which can hold the content (in base-64 encoded text format). You also need a column (at least nvarchar(256)) to hold a unique text โ€œlabelโ€ that is used to identify and retrieve the image. AppSheet will only read and write these columns. Any other columns in the database table should therefore be nullable.

I have a postgresql database running on Google Cloud. I have a table setup as described above (not an updateable view). If I have a column to store the data (โ€œcol_dataโ€) and a column to store the label (โ€œcol_labelโ€), from the app in data > columns > my_table, how do I tell it that the data for col_label is stored in col_data? or am I completely missing what the paragraph is trying to say?

If there is an easier way to do this or a way that anyone knows that works, please let me know. Thank you!

@Santiago

Solved Solved
0 1 731
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony1

Hi @EIG. When you go to Account > Integrations > Store, you should be prompted with a dialog to configure the columns of your image store:

Thatโ€™s where you should specify the label column name and content column name.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tony1

Hi @EIG. When you go to Account > Integrations > Store, you should be prompted with a dialog to configure the columns of your image store:

Thatโ€™s where you should specify the label column name and content column name.

Top Labels in this Space