Start the app with map and current user location?

Hi I’m building an app that will let users input their current location’s internet line info like provider, speed , type of line etc … The app now starts with the map but it doesn’t point to the current location of the user … I tried a couple of things but they didn’t work, any clue what I need to do ? I know it has something to do with the Here() formula … help appreciated !

Solved Solved
0 4 1,216
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Add a virtual column with an app formula of HERE() and attach your map view to that column.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Add a virtual column with an app formula of HERE() and attach your map view to that column.

Worked like a charm thanks a lot Steve !

Hi, I tried it and it did start by showing current location however there are many pins that don’t show and everything is clustered around current location.
The idea of this app is for a user once he opens it to show his current location and if he zooms out to show all the pins that other users have inserted with info about their internet lines. I have attached a couple of images to clarify. Here’s also a link to the app
https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=Internetguide-941806&quickStart=False&nonce=1692074...

2X_d_d700ef6bfeb833597a22f670b705f298eff3e5d8.png

Hello, I believe I am having a similar problem to Tarek.
First I created a virtual column, LatLong, with formula HERE()
I added this column to my splice and then I made the UX map pull from the HERE() column instead of LOCATION.

The map just showed blue with many pins on the map.
Weird…

Solution?

Top Labels in this Space