Stopwatch Feature

I’ve created a workout tracking app for my gym that tracks exercises, reps, and sets. The issue I’m having is that there seems to be no way to create a running stopwatch through Appsheet that I can provide real-time feedback to my clients with.

I’ve tried the workarounds using a start / stop column with a function to calculate duration, but it would be much more useful to actually see the time elapsing as the exercise is being performed, rather than after.

I have to imagine that this would be a fairly simple function to add to Appsheet, and would also be very useful for a variety of professions. I truly love Appsheet and the possibilities you guys offer, but really need this to be added for my app to function effectively in a gym setting. Hopefully it’s possible?

Status Open
3 4 1,379
4 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

Yes that’s true that we don’t have timer function in that way. The closest stopwatch I have created is this sample app called “In Duty”. You can find it from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778.

Adam_Acosta

Is there a delay in the stopwatch start/stop functionality? What I mean is, is the timestamp done instantly on the client or is there a round trip to the server? Can the timer include units smaller than seconds?

Aleksi
Staff

In my sample app the timestamp is done on client side. Unfortunately second is the smallest unit.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager