Store data locally?

Hi all,

I am new to appsheet. I am thinking of moving my inventory simple app to appsheet. my questions are

1. in my understanding, we store the data in excel or google sheet. is it correct?

2. if we store in excel or google sheet. can we use the file locally? I mean I do not need the synchronization and I do not want to store the file in dropbox, google drive (online drive). I prefer to store it in the mobile phone. it is okay if we should include it on the application. is that possible to do so?

TIA,

Beny

0 5 463
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

We always need to place the data source file to cloud service all the time.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Correct.

The app must be linked to an online/cloud-based data source. The appโ€“once initially loaded from the online data sourceโ€“can be used offline for most purposes.

Hi Steve,

The app must be linked to an online/cloud-based data source. The appโ€“once initially loaded from the online data sourceโ€“can be used offline for most purposes.

Does it mean that, I do not need to be online once I run and load the data?

Hi @Beny_Setiawan,

In general yes. As @Steve mentioned, you need not be online once you initially load the data. However, there are certain impacts of prolonged use of the app in offline mode that the app creator needs to be aware of.

You may wish to take a look at the following article , just in case you have not.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar,

Thank you for your explanation. In my understanding, while this is possible to be done, it is not recommended to do so. offline mode is better for temporary solution when we do not have internet access.

Thank you all. You are so helpful.

Top Labels in this Space