Strange URL Behaviour

Hi all,

Seeing some very odd behaviour when clicking on a URL. In my app I have 2 views, both with URLS correctly formed. One view works absolutley fine, the other simply refuses to take me to the URL link, but instead takes me to the websites homepage, almost like itโ€™s ignoring anything after the initial domain. Whatโ€™s odd is that it works fine from the dev editor but not from the app (ios).
Iโ€™ve tried literally everything, wrapping with HYPERLINK, ENCODEURL etc etc. But the URL is well formed and as I say, works in the dev editor.
In the other view I have, I have other URLs which work just fine so starting to the think itโ€™s something to so with the actual site?

I made my portfolio available but Iโ€™m not the link works (as per the instructions before creating my community account)?

Thanks
Immy

0 9 227
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

@imtiazu Are you able to show the URL which doesnโ€™t work?

Sure. Any URL to this website.
https://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr?newsID=5668
thanks

Could you post screenshots of it working from the app editor and not working from the app?

Hi Steve not sure that is a) easy to do nor b) relevant?
As mentioned, from IOS I just always land on the main website - itโ€™s almost like itโ€™s an encoding issue - perhaps with the โ€œ?โ€ but then in another view I have links, not encoded with โ€œ?โ€ and it works fine.

All I am going to do is screenshot you an open website from my laptop and the homepage of the opened link on phone?!?! Doesnโ€™t make sense to me?

Thanks
Immy

I doubt it.

Actually, I suppose it would better to see views that contain the links, then to see the columns that produce the links. Seeing where you end up after clicking the link is of no value.

Iโ€™m not. Youโ€™d need to engage support@appsheet.com directly if you want someone to look at it directly.

I have a suspicion it may be the website forcing a mobile site to load and ignoring the url - could this be possible? Thanks

That is definitely possible.

Yep, thatโ€™s what it does. Confirmed from my phone.

Steve are you not able to access my app directly?

OK Thanks for the responses, appreciated. WIll contact the website owner.

Top Labels in this Space